Arthurs Seat Eagle Gondola, Best Views of the Mornington Peninsula
The Arthurs Seat Eagle is one of the best things to do on the Mornington Peninsula. Just an hour and a half from Melbourne, you start at the base station in Dromana, head up on a gondola through the treetops to the summit of Arthur’s Seat, and take in some of the most stunning views of Port Phillip Bay.
Arthurs Seat Eagle, Mornington Peninsula
If you are anywhere on the Mornington Peninsula, Arthurs Seat is a must do activity for the whole family. The journey to the top is relaxing and takes just under 15mins and is suitable for all ages. It is also wheelchair and pram friendly.
Sitting in a gondola which holds up to 8 people, you slowly glide to the summit watching the stunning views.
Once up the top, head to the Eagle Café where you can have a coffee and snack, then take a walk around or just enjoy the panoramic views at the Arthurs Seat Lookout. On a clear day, you can even see the outline of the city skyline.
Tips for Visiting Arthurs Seat with Kids
- Wear comfortable clothing and make sure to dress for the weather. It can get windy up top in the cooler months, so don’t forget a jacket.
- Make sure to wear comfortable shoes if you plan to walk around. There are walking tracks up the top.
- Bring some snacks for the kids. There is the Eagle Café up the top, however is limited for fussy eaters.
- The gondolas are wheelchair and pram friendly
- Bring some binoculars for the kids so they can look out and down below
Base Station – 1085 Arthurs Seat Road, Dromana
Summit Station – 795 Arthurs Seat Road, Arthurs Seat
10am – 5pm Daily (Closed Christmas Day)
Free Parking available at Arthurs Seat Eagle Summit and Base Stations.
Things to do in Melbourne with Kids
Arthurs Seat Eagle is a fantastic day out for the whole family. If you are in the area, check out our other Things to do on the Mornington Peninsula. If you are looking for more ideas take a look at our post on Day Trips From Melbourne for families, or Things to do in Melbourne for Kids.