Best Home-Made Playdough Recipe To Make At Home
This is the best homemade playdough recipe that you will come across, tried and tested. With this homemade no cook playdough recipe, you will never have to buy playdough again. No nasties added, and best of all, it will last you around 6 months!
Why This is the Best Playdough Recipe
Sure, you can buy playdough in most toy stores, but if you would rather make your own, we have the best playdough recipe for you adapted from a few different playdough recipes over the years.
So why is this the best playdough recipe?
This is the best playdough recipe for super soft and squishy playdough, that doesn’t stick. It is quite cheap to make, works out to be only around $1-2 per batch, so much less than store brought playdough.
You can customise this playdough recipe and use it as a base to create lots of different playdough. Use different coloured dye so you have a range of different coloured playdough. Add things like glitter or or scents to have different textures and smells.
One of the best things is that this simple homemade playdough recipe makes playdough that can last around 6 months if you store it well.
Keep it in either a zip lock back or airtight container. Make a batch of it and you are good for a while!
Best Home Made Playdough Recipe
You will probably have most of this at home!
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup salt
- 2 tbsp cream of tartar
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 cup boiled water
- Food colouring of your choice
- Zip lock bag or air tight container
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, salt, and cream of tartar
- Add oil
- Mix a few drops of food colouring into the boiling water and add to the mixture in the bowl.
- Mix everything well, and then kneed until the mixture is no longer sticky.
- Allow to cool, and then either store in a zip lock bag, or wrap in plastic and put it in an airtight container.
- Store at room temperature and it should last around 6 months.
Best Playdough Recipe for Fun at Home
This is the best playdough recipe to make homemade playdough at home and it will keep your kids entertained for hours on end. If you are looking for more kids’ activities, make sure to check out our posts: