Charlie And The Chocolate Factory The Musical – Feel the Magic!
Whether you are 5 or 105, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory the Musical is a fun and vibrant show that makes you feel that all your dreams have come true at once.
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, The Book and now The Musical
If you loved the popular book from Roald Dahl, then they will love Charlie and the Chocolate Factory the Musical. First published in 1964, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is one of Roald Dahl’s best-known stories, and has proved to be one of the most enduring children’s books of all time.
Charlie Bucket, the five Golden Tickets, the Oompa-Loompas and the amazing Willy Wonka all come to life in a stage show fit for the whole family.
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory on Stage
The musical is set on two parts. The first half is setting the scene, introducing Willy Wonker, Charlie, and the other characters, of which some details have changed and modernised from the original story in the book.
The second part is where the magic happens, where your imagination is invited to run wild. You will most likely find yourself playing the movie through your mind as each scene is played out.
What we loved
- The entertainment: The show is entertaining all the way through and definitely reaches a wide audience. The acting, the singing, and the overall musical itself.
- The costumes: Down to the last detail, every costume is filled with colour and wit and reveal so much about the characters before they even speak.
- The comedy: The Whitty jokes for the adults are enough to make you giggle, but also quick enough go over the top of the young ones heads.
- The local references: The narrative contains references to Ned Kelly which is a nice touch.
- The Oompa Loompa’s: Amazing little crowd pleasers! But we won’t give away the details of how they look, that is one of the best surprises.
Overall an amazingly witty performance fit for the whole family
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory the Musical is an enjoyable night out for the whole family. Both parents and children can enjoy the magic that this show brings.
Get ready for the Oompa-Loompas, incredible inventions, the great glass elevator and more at this everlasting showstopper!
Her Majesty’s Theatre, Melbourne
9 August – 22 Sep
Performance times vary
Various depending on seating
Family Events in Melbourne
Looking for more fun family events to do with kids in Melbourne? Take a look at Melbourne Family Events, or Melbourne For Kids pages and make sure you Follow Mum’s Little Explorers on Facebook to stay updated on the latest!