Immerse Drama Workshops & Holiday Program in Melbourne
Drama classes for all ages, Incursions and Parties in Melbourne, Immerse Drama has everything for your budding drama star.
At Immerse Drama, kids will embark on a creative adventure, exploring different themes, places and stories.
With improvisation, role play, traditional narratives, music and fun and games, kids will love these drama classes and workshops perfect for ages 4yrs-17yrs.
- Ages: 4 to 7 – This age group work on a story or theme with new activities each day, which are brought together on the final day for a showcase performance, they do some craft activities each day related to the theme.
- Ages: 8 – 12 – This age group works on acting techniques through improvisations and scripts, building around a theme to create scene work, this is then built into a final performance on the last day. Craft activities centre around prop making.
- Ages 12 – 17 – This age group works on scripts, monologues, audition techniques, and devising skills to create work for the stage or screen.
The focus in these classes is on improving Confidence, Communication and Collaboration skills and immersion in Creativity.
The children are encouraged to explore their own ideas, whilst being guided in the sessions with the aim to working towards performance work.
Skills developed at Immerse Drama
Immerse Drama sessions focus on creative play, building confidence, collaborating and communicating. Kids will develop the following skills:
- Concentration, memory and focus skills
- Voice projection
- Mindfulness techniques
- Physical development and movement skills
- Theatre and performance techniques
- Working on and behind the camera
- Audition Techniques
- Monologues and scene work
- Improvisation skills
- Emotional awareness, intelligence and empathy
- Making friends, and having fun!
Immerse School Holiday Workshops Review
Each school holidays in Melbourne, Immerse Drama hold School Holiday Drama Workshops.
These 3 day program allows your budding star can unleash their creative energy and let their imaginations run wild, as they explore a different theme and story each week, with games, prop making and crafts and costumes to get dressed up in!
All groups are at the same venue and work together with some games/activities as well as being together at break and lunchtimes.
There is a playground at the back of the centre where the children can enjoy at break times.
Mums Little Explorers attended the school holiday program in the second week of the January 2023 holidays.
On the first day of pick up my daughter said ‘ I loved today’. We thought our youngest at 4 maybe too young however, the program was appropriate for her age and she even made two friends.
There were two teachers to guide them over the three days, with a third teacher on the last day to help with the final performance.
The kids rose early on their second day excited to continue the school holiday program and the enthusiasm continued in to the evening as they practised their singing with actions, trying to keep it a secret; but The Little Explorers can’t keep much from the Mum’s.
This excitement built further with the final day’s 30-minute performance to the parents on the conclusion of the workshop.
The kids were fully engaged over the three days. They loved it so much they were listening to the song they were learning at bedtimes each night.
We highly recommended the program with our kids now wanting to enrol in a weekly drama workshop.
Click here for dates and times
Elwood and St Kilda Neighbourhood House
87 Tennyson st, Elwood
Street parking available
Email Gemma at firstname.lastname@example.org or give her a call to chat through your needs 0456090716.
5% sibling discount offered.
*Contributor: Jo Leditschke
School Holiday Activities Melbourne
Immerse Drama is a great school holiday program for kids. Make sure to check out our full list:
Follow Mum’s Little Explorers on Facebook, or join our Facebook Community Group What’s on Melbourne for Kids