State & Rose Garden Show | FREE Family Event at Werribee Park
Sunny with a side of florals at the 7th annual State Rose & Garden Show! Spring returns, and with it blooms the fragrant, colourful rose gardens of Werribee Park Precinct. This year’s State Rose & Garden Show will bring the vibrant gardens to life, with food trucks, the Prosecco Van and live music, plus new experiences including the introduction of a High Tea experience, and a Beer and Wine Garden amongst the roses.
Victoria State & Rose Garden Show at Werribee Park
Presented by the Wyndham City Council, this FREE family friendly event takes place over one huge weekend – Saturday, 9th and Sunday, 10th November at the Victoria State Rose Garden.
Victoria State Rose Garden is recognised internationally by the World Federation of Rose Societies, and the rose garden is considered to be among Australia’s best rose gardens.
The iconic backdrop provided by the historic Werribee Mansion, paired with the acclaimed rose garden, perfectly manicured green lawns and grand old pine trees, offers the perfect setting for an afternoon amongst the beautiful rolling grounds – with picnics welcome.
What to expect?
- Wander through stunning rose-lined pathways – full of vibrant roses of every colour imaginable.
- Live plant care demonstrations and guided tours will run across the weekend, with so much to learn from industry experts.
- Relax amongst the blooms, with live music and food trucks.
- On Saturday visitors will be able to enjoy some smooth brews in the rose-filled wine and beer garden, with craft beers, ciders, wine and Roseade paired with Bluebonnet Barbecue’s American style fare.
- On Sunday, it’s all about vintage glamour and indulgence with the Prosecco Van and Mrs. Baker’s Gin paired with a unique rose-inspired High Tea experience from the High Tea Mistress. (Prices start at $30)
Victoria State Rose Garden, Werribee Park, K Road, Werribee South
9 & 10 November Time: 10am – 4pm
A gold coin donation would be appreciated but not mandatory.
Donations go towards helping to support the wonderful work of the Victoria State Rose Garden Volunteers.
Family Events in Melbourne
Only a 30-minute drive from Melbourne’s CBD, the State Rose & Garden Show offers plenty for all levels of gardener – whether a novice or a green thumb – and entertainment the whole family will enjoy.
Make a family weekend out of it and visit the Werribee Mansion, or the Werribee Open Range Zoo!