Travel Quotes | 90 + Inspirational & Funny Travel Quotes, Family Travel, Adventure & Holiday Quotes
A list of travel quotes to inspire you on your journey. Including inspirational travel quotes, adventure travel quotes, family travel quotes and quotes about travel with kids, even some funny travel quotes to make you laugh.
Ultimate List of Quotes about Travel
Words can be powerful, and everything you read can influence you in some way, especially if someone well known has quoted them.
This is a collection of my favourite travel quotes to help inspire, motivate, and encourage you to pack up your bags whether you are a solo traveller, travelling in a couple, or even heading off with the family to travel with kids.
Don’t wait for the perfect time to travel. there isn’t one.
Dare to dream and dare to explore.
Here is a collection of more than 90 of my favourite travel quotes.
Travel Quotes with Images
Below you will find travel quotes and memes with images you can share. Please make sure to link back to this page if you use them as they are personal images and subject to copyright. Thanks in advance!
Travel Quotes Below:
- 15+ Inspirational Travel Quotes
- 15+ Adventure Travel Quotes
- 15+ Family Travel Quotes
- 15+ Travel with Kids Quotes
- 15+ Road Trip Quotes
- 15+ Other Travel Quotes
Skip to the main headings to find the subject you are interested in.
Inspirational Travel Quotes
The best Inspirational travel quotes to inspire you to travel. Do you have an inspirational travel quote to share?
1. A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step. – Lao Tzu
2. You may not find a path, but you will find a way. – Tom Wolfe
3. Travelling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller. – Ibn Battuta
4. Travel far enough, you meet yourself. —Cloud Atlas
5. One of the great things about travel is that you find out how many good, kind people there are. —Edith Wharton
6. A journey is best measured in friends, rather than miles. – Tim Cahill
7. One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things. – Henry Miller
8. The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.– St. Augustine
9. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So, throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. – Mark Twain
10. Wandering re-establishes the original harmony which once existed between man and the universe – Anatole France
11. I see my path, but I don’t know where it leads. Not knowing where I’m going is what inspires me to travel it. – Rosalia de Castro
12. All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveller is unaware. – Martin Buber
13. Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.” —Unknown
14. Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world. – Scott Cameron
15. Travel can be one of the most rewarding forms of introspection. – Lawrence Durrell
Adventure Travel Quotes
A list of our favourite adventure travel quotes for those who love to wander and explore. Let us know your favourite adventure travel quotes too!
1. Not all those who wander are lost.– J. R. R. Tolkien
2. A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for —John A. Shedd
3. Don’t die without embracing the daring adventure your life was meant to be. – Steve Pavlina
4. We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open. – Jawaharial Nehru
5. Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail– Ralph Waldo Emerson
6. I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list. – Susan Sontag
7. Do not follow where the path might lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. — Ralph Waldo Emerson
8. Life begins at the end of your comfort zone. – Neale Donald Walsch
9. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. – Helen Keller
10. The journey not the arrival matters. – T. S. Eliot
11. No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rests his head on his old, familiar pillow. – Lin Yutang
12. Tourists don’t know where they’ve been, travellers don’t know where they’re going.” – Paul Theroux
13. Travel can also be the spirit of adventure somewhat tamed, for those who desire to do something they are a bit afraid of. – Ella Maillart
14. A good traveller has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving. – Lao Tzu
15. It is not down in any map; true places never are. – Herman Melville
Family Travel Quotes & Quotes about Travel with Kids
Looking for family travel quotes? Below you can find the best quotes about family holidays to inspire you to travel with your kids more. After all, you don’t have to wait until your kids are “old enough”. You can travel with kids of any age! Let us know your favourite family travel quotes!
1. Oh the places you’ll go. – Dr. Seuss
2. It is never too early to begin exploring the world.
3. Deciding not to travel with kids because they won’t remember, is like not reading them books because they won’t remember the stories you read them.
3. Give your kids adventures, not things. Have stories to tell not stuff to show. – Unknown
4. Enjoy the little things in life, or one day you’ll look back and realise they were the big things.
5. Two of the greatest gifts we can give our children are roots and wings. – Hodding Carter
6. You can always make money, you can’t always make memories
7. One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things. – Henry Miller
8. You’re off to great places, today is your day. Your mountain is waiting, so… Get on your way – Dr Seuss
9. Holidays with young kids isn’t about the holiday, (because let’s face it, that’s just exhausting, it’s about making memories
10. As soon as I saw you, I knew an adventure was about to happen. – A. A. Milne, Winnie the Pooh
11. Travel is the best teacher. The only way to an open mind is by taking a plane out into the open world. – C. JoyBell C.
12. The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes. – Marcel Proust
13. We should live every day like it’s a holiday.
14. Kids won’t remember their best day of television
15. Blessed are the curious, for they shall have adventures. – Lovelle Drachman
16. When traveling with someone, take large doses of patience and tolerance with your morning coffee. – Helen Hayes
17. When you choose to collect experiences rather than things, you will never run out of storage space.
Funny Travel Quotes
For the jokers! Here is a list of funny travel quotes to get you laughing. Let us know your favourite funny travel quotes too!
1. Forget champagne and caviar – Taste the world instead!
2. It’s bad manners to let travel wait!
3. If you think adventure is dangerous try routine, it’s lethal. – Paulo Coelho
4. People don’t take trips. Trips take people. – John Steinbeck
5. When you come to a fork in the road…take it –Yogi Berra
6. I’ve got 99 problems. But I am travelling and I am ignoring them all!”
7. Thanks to the interstate highway system, it is now possible to travel from coast to coast without seeing anything. – Charles Kuralt
8. Worst thing about being a tourist, is having other tourists recognize you as a tourist. – Russell Baker
9. You got to be careful if you don’t know where you’re going, because you might not get there. –Yogi Berra
10. The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. – G.K. Chesterton
11. Do not insult the mother alligator until after you have crossed the river. –Old Haitian Proverb
12. I told the doctor I broke my leg in two places. He told me to quit going to those places”. -Henny Youngman
13. You know it’s time for a vacation when you start looking like the person on your driving license…
14. Living on Earth is expensive, but it does include a free trip around the sun every year.” -Unknown
15. For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel’s sake. The great affair is to move.– Robert Louis Stevenson
Road Trip Quotes
More travel quotes for you. This time a list of road trip quotes that will make you want to jump in your car and hit the road.
1. Some beautiful paths can’t be discovered without getting lost. ― Erol Oza
2. Sometimes the most scenic roads in life are the detours you didn’t mean to take.― Angela N. Blount
3. Map out your future – but do it in pencil. The road ahead is as long as you make it. Make it worth the trip. – Jon Bon Jovi
4. Now, on this road trip, my mind seemed to uncrinkle, to breathe, to present to itself a cure for a disease it had not, until now, known it had. – Elizabeth Berg
5. Road trips required a couple of things: a well-balanced diet of caffeine, salt and sugar and an excellent selection of tunes—oh, and directions. – Jenn McKinlay
6. Never underestimate the therapeutic power of driving and listening to very loud music. — Unknown
7. Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me, as is ever so on the road. — Jack Kerouac
8. We don’t care how long it takes, because we are going somewhere beautiful.
9. An open road and your favourite song is sometimes all the therapy you need.
10. Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and enjoy the journey.
11. The road is calling.
12. Because the greatest part of a road trip isn’t arriving at your destination. It’s all the wild stuff that happens along the way. — Emma Chase
13. It’s not about the destination, it’s about the road.
14. Our battered suitcases were piled on the sidewalk again; we had longer ways to go. But no matter, the road is life.” — Jack Kerouac
15. Road trips aren’t measured by miles, but by moments.
Other Quotes About Travel
And even more travel quotes to inspire you to explore, whether it be near or far.
1. We wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfillment. – Hilaire Belloc
2. You will never be completely at home again, because part of your heart always will be elsewhere. That is the price you pay for the richness of loving and knowing people in more than one place. – Miriam Adeney
3. There are no foreign lands. It is the traveller only who is foreign.– Robert Louis Stevenson
4. We must go beyond textbooks, go out into the bypaths and untrodden depths of the wilderness and travel and explore and tell the world the glories of our journey. – John Hope Franklin
5. The whole object of travel is not to set foot on foreign land; it is at last to set foot on one’s own country as a foreign land. – G. K. Chesterton
6. We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open. – Jawaharal Nehru
7. To travel is to possess the world. – Burton Holmes
8. If you wish to travel far and fast, travel light. Take off all your envies, jealousies, unforgiveness, selfishness and fears.” — Cesare Pavese
9. There are far better things ahead than any we leave behind
10. Once a year, go some place you have never been before, or 10 places.
11. Travel, before you run out of time.
12. When travelling, always take the scenic route.
13. If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay at home. – James Michener
14. When in doubt, travel.
15. Don’t listen to what they say about a place, go to see it for yourself.
Travel Quotes For Those Who Love to Wander
Are you ready to take off yet? If these inspirational travel quotes haven’t given you itchy feet then nothing will!
If you know any other travel quotes, whether they be family travel quotes or quotes about holidays or road trips, inspirational or motivational travel quotes, or if you have a favourite funny travel quote you want to share, let us know.